Color Code “ORANGE” is defined as a Rationing Conservation Alert. Customers are required to minimize indoor water use and severely limit outdoor water use as follows:
1. Residential and commercial landscape irrigation is limited to no more than two (2) days per week and no more often than every third day nor during the hours between 9:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m.
2. The filling, refilling or adding of water to indoor and outdoor pools, wading pools, or spas is prohibited except to maintain levels. However, the District strongly urges that a cover be used
to prevent evaporation and thereby reducing the frequency of refilling.
3. The use of water to clean, maintain, fill, or refill decorative fountains or similar structures is prohibited except to maintain levels. However, the District strongly urges that use of these structures be discontinued.
4. Vehicle washing is restricted to the use of a hand-held bucket and quick rinses using a hose with a shut-off nozzle. The District encourages customers to use recycled water or a commercial car wash that uses recycled water
5. Customers shall fix leaks within 48 hours upon notification or observation of the leak.