Emergency water conservation restrictions were adopted by the Kinneloa Irrigation District Board of Directors on August 19, 2014
1. No ornamental
landscape, lawn or other turf area shall be watered
more often than three (3) days per week (for
purposes of this regulation, a week shall be deemed
to commence at 12:01 a.m. on Sunday morning and end
at midnight on the following
Saturday night) and no more often than every other day nor during the hours between 9:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m.
2. No water users shall cause or allow the water to run off landscape areas into adjoining streets, sidewalks, or other paved areas due to incorrectly directed or maintained sprinklers or excessive watering.
3. There shall be no application of potable water to driveways, sidewalks, patios, parking areas or other paved surfaces.
4. Washing of motor vehicles, trailers, boats and other types of equipment shall be done only with a hand-held nozzle or other device that causes the hose to cease dispensing water immediately when not in use, except that vehicle washing may be done
with reclaimed wastewater or by a commercial car wash using recycled water.
6. All water users shall promptly upon discovery repair all leaks from indoor and outdoor plumbing fixtures.
7. Commercial nurseries, and schools shall be prohibited from watering lawn, landscaping, and other turf areas more often than five days per week and between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m., except that there shall be no restriction on watering
when utilizing recycled water or where public use requires a modified and approved watering schedule. The District requires advance written notice of any maintenance activities requiring water use between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m.
8. The use of water from fire hydrants shall be limited to fire fighting and related activities and other uses shall be limited to activities necessary to maintain the public health, safety, and welfare. Ongoing water system improvement projects are also exempt under this section and may continue to use construction meters in accordance with standard District policy.
Click here for the complete text of the resolution
Select the applicable rebate program below
Welcome to the Kinneloa Irrigation District
The Kinneloa Irrigation District (KID) is a public agency that owns and operates a water system in the north-central part of Los Angeles County near Pasadena, California. The service area of the District covers approximately 500 acres plus it encompasses a watershed area north of the District containing approximately 500 acres adjacent to the Angeles National Forest. The KID serves a population of approximately 1,500 and has approximately 600 metered services. Revenue for the KID is derived exclusively from the sale of water to its customers.